Columbine Health Systems
Background Check Policy
It is the policy of our organization to provide our residents and our employees a safe and productive work and living environment.
Any conviction, pleas of guilty, no contest, or deferred adjudication of the following criminal offenses appearing on a criminal background check (CBGC) will disqualify an application for admission to the Certified Nurse Aide Training Program, volunteer, internship or employment with any Columbine Health Systems facility except when the applicant has successfully completed the terms of a deferred adjudication agreement.
1. Any felony convictions.
2. Crime of violence (assault, sexual offenses, arson, kidnapping, any crime against an at-risk adult or juvenile, etc.)
3. Any offense involving unlawful sexual behavior.
4. Any crime, the underlying basis of which has been found by the court on the record to include an act of domestic violence in the 7 years immediately preceding the submittal of application.
5. Any crime of elder or child abuse.
6. Any crime related to the sale, possession, distribution or transfer of narcotics or controlled substances.
7. Any misdemeanor theft crimes in the 7 years immediately preceding the submittal of application.
8. Any offense of sexual assault on a client by a psychotherapist.
9. Crimes of moral turpitude (prostitution, public lewdness/exposure, etc.) in the 7 years immediately preceding the submittal of application.
10. Registered Sex Offenders
11. Any offense in another state, the elements of which are substantially similar to the elements of any of the above offenses.
12. More than one (1) D.U.I. in the 7 years immediately preceding the submittal of application.