A Personal Care Provider/Worker (PCP/W) is someone who is prepared to assist in the care of the client or resident in assisted living facilities, group homes for the developmentally disabled, adult day programs, or clients in their own homes through non-medical home care agencies, or home care agencies.
The duties of a PCP/W may include all or some of the following:
• Assisting with bathing, dressing, grooming and other hygiene needs
• Assistance with toileting
• Assistance with food and fluid needs
• Assistance with ambulation and exercises
• Other care practices for general health and well-being
A PCP/W will also be responsible for basic infection control techniques, protecting a client's/resident's rights, observing and reporting changes in condition, and documenting care given.
For additional questions, feel free to contact the Columbine Health Systems Education and Training Department within the Human Resources Department at (970) 492-6230.